Thursday, June 2, 2016

Proverbs 9:9

Proverbs 9:9

“Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser; teach a just man and he will increase in learning.”

            “Don’t imitate anyone but Christ, but learn lean from everyone.” –Chuck Smith.  When I was young I was taught this concept, I worded it differently, “listen to everyone, even the stupid, so that you learn what stupid is and keep away from It.” – Christian Coy freshman year. Wisdom starts with the willingness to learn, and not learn academically alone, but through experience as well.
            A wise man will constantly be getting wise. One could argue that he was never truly wise if his wisdom ceases to grow. Because wisdom desires wisdom, and it Is a good thing to desire. James 1:5 “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.” Our father only gives good gifts, so clearly wisdom is worthy of our desire.
            “Teach a just man” a just man in a man who acts according to his moral conduct. If I’m going to become a learner then I have to have a moral compass in my life. This moral compass will help me determine what is worth application and what is not. You can’t have wisdom without morality.

            God please help me be a wiser man today and moving forward, for only you can deliver wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment