Thursday, June 2, 2016

Philippians 3:9

Philippians 3:9

“And be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith.”

            Too often I convince myself of my own righteousness. Its not super difficult when you find yourself in places like ignite or farm 58, to begin to think that your doing things pretty well. Many times I find myself finding righteousness in the gospel of sin management, a common misconception or corrupt worldview that makes it seem that the amount you sin or don’t sin contributes to how righteous you are. But this is a complete lie, I’m only as righteous as Christ sees me, period.

            See when I walk in my own righteousness, that righteousness fails me because I fail it. But when I walk in the righteousness of Christ it will never fail me and I will find the peace of the Lord. God wants me to be righteous, and he has done the work to make sure I can be, so I should rest in the fact that if I simply have a relationship with Him and do His will, He’ll do His part to make me more like Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment