Thursday, June 2, 2016

Philippians 3:8

Philippians 3:8

“Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Jesus Christ my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ.”

            About two days ago I was talking to Ryan about how little of my former self is left. I really feel like I’m coming to the end of myself. I know there are still things I need to let go of, but I really feel like I’m making progress. The man I was had so much pride, seeing things so twisted, and he held tightly to what ever he could get his hands on. I can only imagine what I looked like to God, probably something like a beggar fight with himself over crumbs. A very sad existence indeed, but He didn’t leave me there.
            Now that I am clothed and in my right mind, where else should you find me than at the feet of Jesus? (Luke 8:35) Indeed I too should count all lost for the knowledge of Jesus. Because to know Him is the start of becoming more like Him. When we really weight out what is worth pressuring in life, we quickly find that Jesus is all that matters. Naturally everything else should be count as lost

            “God you are so holy and so wondrous, help me learn to fear you. God please help me let go of anything my wandering hand grasp, I want to loss every part of me that births sin, and I only want to know you more. Thank you for your unfailing Love and Grace. Your will be do Lord.”

No comments:

Post a Comment