Thursday, June 2, 2016

Matthew 18:15

Matthew 18:15

“Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained a brother.”

            I don’t have any blood brothers, but I would consider some men closer to me than a brother. Relationships like these don’t happen over night, and they aren’t the product of smooth sailing alone. Many of these brothers have seen me at my worst or have had to carry me through my weaknesses in some way.  This is almost as it has to be, I don’t have any brothers who didn’t start as a friend who at one point had to confront me or be confronted by me. Through adversity we became stronger.
            God spoke this verse, not because he wants us having the right to confront our brother for personal vengeance, he wanted to us to have the chance to redeem the relationship. Trials and confrontations can do one of two things, break down to make rebuilt better or break down and be defeated. So I love confrontations and trials because adding a brother is so worth the awkwardness and the lack of comfort. Proverbs 17:17 states “A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.” If we can love always even when we has been sinned against, we will have more Godly friendships, just like how God is our friend and loves us always. When we do this we will have friends for our season of trial to help us.
            The greatest role a friend can play is found in James 5:19-20 “Brethren if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and some one turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sin.” What motivation! We can help save the souls of our brother, and even prevent sins that would eventually lead to their demise. I have been blessed to have friends do this for me at times, so I should sow that which has been given to me.
            Writing this makes me think of the hand full of brothers I have that are not where they should be anymore. I wish I could go to them now, but God is faithful. When we cant follow Matthew 18 we need to offer it up to God, that He will intercede on our behalf in our brothers life.

            “Lord please show Yourself those to who are not in my reach. Please help them find you fresh again.  That they may delight in you as I delight in your ways. We just what what’s best for them God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment