Thursday, June 2, 2016

Luke 17:7-10

Luke 17:7-10

“And which of you, having a servant plowing or tending sheep, will say to him when he has come in from the field, ‘come at once and sit down to eat’?
“But will he not rather say to him, ‘prepare something for my supper, and gird yourself and serve me till I have eaten and drunk, and afterword you will eat and drink’?
“Does he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I think not.
“So likewise you, when you have done all those things which you are commanded, say, ‘we are unprofitable servants. We have done what was our duty to do.’”

Reading these verses reiterate the 5 things that we as a ignite class 10 learned from Pastor G. the five things are; thing upon thing, not thanked, not charging overseer with being unfair, not being prideful, and Christianity 101. These 5 things are what a servant of the Lord should have on his mind constantly, if we are to increase our faith. In this passage Jesus is giving this story in reply to the disciples request “increase our faith.” To increase in faith is to serve God as a bondservant, a bondservant who has no rights aside from the service he partakes in. This passage increases my confidence in this theory “There are no hero’s in Christianity.” If any man does anything worthy of heroics in our eyes, let us not be fooled, for he was just doing his job as a servant of Christ. To view or be viewed in any other light is to take Glory away from God.

On a more personal note this verse is so divinely timed in my life. To be reminded that the duty given to us by God is for His glory and is just, regardless of our disposition. I have been over whelmed as of late by thing upon thing. These things God has me dealing with are heavy and beyond my qualifications, yet the manner in which I handle them has nothing to do with me, if I do well it means nothing, if I do poorly it means nothing, unless all glory goes to God. For by enduring these things I will prayerfully increase in faith. Is that not enough to satisfy my hope? Is it not enough that my faith might increase?

No comments:

Post a Comment