Thursday, June 2, 2016

John 12:26

John 12:26

“If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there my servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor.”


“Him My Father will honor?!” This is kind of a lofty thought. What could possibly permit the Honor of God to fall on a human being, especially one in the likeness of me? I don’t mean to sound so pitiful but seriously, I understand receiving His love and grace, but His honor? I can think of only one reasonable explanation, He (the Father) sees me as Christ, and He sees me as His Son the most when I serve Him. When this verse states “and where I am my servant will be also” I believe he is speaking of the cross, not being with Him in location but in position. As a servant I should be with Him as living sacrifice to God. (This could be conjecture) I believe that God honors us when we imitate His Son, and by doing so He honors Himself. The honor of the Father falls on His Son and those who are with His Son. If I want that Honor I must first seek the Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment