Thursday, June 2, 2016

Isaiah 58:11

Isaiah 58:11 (farm 58)

“The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones; you shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.”

The Lord will guide you continually, yet how often do I plan my own path, and where what destination do I have when I guide myself? I am clearly incapable of leading my own life, and to say otherwise would be to deceive myself. The Lord is by far the best guide I could have, He will lead to a destination I can not even understand, for who has seen the Lord? Only those whom He has gathered to
Himself have seen Him. He will strengthen our bones; he will make strong the frame of our life. We will stand on a firm foundation.

“You shall be like a watered garden” We are currently staying on a farm in Dunlap Tennessee, In fact this verse is the thesis verse for this farm, it helps rehabilitate drug addicts. I spent 3 months on this farm about a year ago, working in the garden. And a watered garden is a peaceful place. It’s full of life and full of beauty, its what we should be in the midst of this worldly desert.

“And like a spring of water, whose water do not fail.” When I was staying here in Tennessee one day our well ran dry. Our waters failed and our garden and our animals were in jeopardy of dying. Even we were limited to not have showers and not have flushing toilets. So we prayed and we fasted, and suddenly God sent a well digger who had his trick and had gotten lost, but he decided to help us out anyways.
Moral of the story is that water is precious, and life relies on unfailing water. We are called to be unfailing waters that others can benefit from us.

No comments:

Post a Comment