Thursday, June 2, 2016

Amos 3:3

Amos 3:3

“Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?”

            My cousin Billy use to grab me by the arm and take me for a “walk”. This would be the time when we would catch up on casual conversations and occasionally we might even stumble into in important talk about life decisions or something of that nature. This simple habit helped build a very special relationship, and I am forever grateful for it. but there came a day when me and Billy began to see things differently and our unity was lost. We literally could not walk together because we no longer agreed. This isn’t he only time this has happened to me either. I have multiple friends that I have lost due to the fact that we don’t agree. Friends who think that their Christian freedoms give them a hall pass, or people, who plan their ways, have all slowly disappeared from my side.

            But God has given me the gift of friends who agree and through Christ we have unity. The agreement required for a good friendship is the agreement of surrender to God. When we find fellow bondservants to walk with, we become bound to them as well as our master. Austin talks often of the companion who is a sail verses the companion who is an anchor. And how we want to add to our ship a sail rather than add a weight that will hold us back. Because if I agree with you on the direction were going its because our destination is God.

No comments:

Post a Comment