Thursday, June 2, 2016

2nd Timothy 2:2

2nd Timothy 2:2

“And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.”

            Being of the discipleship mindset this verse has some critical points to note that will help give intentionality to our discipleship.
            First I have to guard my tongue, Paul’s tongue was a well of wisdom and constantly spoke the gospel. He could without disclaimer tell timothy to teach others the things which he had said knowing that they were from God. I need to get to that point.
            Second this verse spoke of faithful men, dependable, spirit lead men. We as disciples must be men who are faithful and would be worth teaching. Doctrine is important but not as much a character, and character is much harder to find than men who have knowledge of doctrine. Character has integrity, and is proven by actions. Then when i have began striving for this in my own live I can also look for other who strive to be faithful, so that I might run along side them learning and teaching to each others.
            The third is to look for people who can teach others, note this comes after being faithful. Too many times we mistake being able to teach as a gift for good people, but there are plenty good teachers in this world that are not faithful. I want to be able to teach but not at the cost of my faith. The best way to do this is always be a learner. Never allowing myself to get caught up in myself.


God please help me apply this verse to my life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment